Our Local Parish - St Thomas and All Saints
St Thomas and All Saints is now the principal Anglican church in Ellesmere Port, following the closure of other worship centres in the mid 1990s.
The present buildings date from around 1957 though the interior has been extensively reordered. The worship area is very flexible, with seats rather than pews and a sanctuary area that can be used as a stage for concerts, school plays etc. Adjacent to the worship area is a coffee lounge.
The parish has a vision for the building being a ‘7 day a week’ resource, combining Christian worship, community activities and social events. There is rarely a day when the site is not being used, and the parish considers it a privilege to be able to share our site with various community groups.
Our parish come into school and deliver Clergy assembly every week to the children and Communion every half term. Each class also take part, alongside family members, in 'Messy Church' each year. As a whole school we hold services at church e.g Easter Service and may visit as part of our RE curriculum.
Reverend Gill Foster