Forest School sessions here at Christ Church provide our children with the opportunity to explore and experience the natural world through practical activities in the outdoors. These activities will in turn help to promote confidence, independence, self-esteem and resilience.
At Christ Church we aim to teach children about caring for the environment in a variety of ways. There is a woodland management plan in place, with objectives to minimise the impact of activities on the site. We aim to balance the benefits the woodland provides the children with care for the environment.
Through our Forest Schools we aim to:
- build children’s self-esteem and confidence
- create a positive and safe environment
- develop children’s respect for their woodland surroundings
- encourage positive behaviour in line with our behaviour policy
- give children valuable and exciting experiences
- be a positive role model
- encourage teamwork and give opportunities for building positive relationship between all
- assess sessions for risk benefits
- give opportunities for forest play