What do the Parents and Children Say?
We regularly review how well we are doing in school and where we might need to make improvements. In doing so we take account of the views and opinions of a wide range of groups within our school community. Also read our comments from the children page for their say too!
Outcomes of any surveys will be shared via this page. Should you wish to share any thoughts or opinions regarding how we can continue to improve and make a difference, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher whom will share the information with the school’s Senior Leaders.
February 2022 - What do the children say?
- I love doing jobs, assembly, homework and playing with friends. Today we mad cookies to share like in our story 'The Rainbow Fish.'
- We have a woodland area in our classroom like the Gruffalo. We made things out of twigs for it and can play in it.
- I like Maths because it is interesting. We have been using ten frames too.
- In English we are reading 'The Lion Inside' about a lion and a mouse and we have made our own lions.
- I have loved taking away on a numberline. Even though it was hard I kept trying and working hard and now I have the gist of it!
- In Spanishe we have been learning how to say the colours. My favourite is 'rojo' for red.
- In our Africa topic we have been learning about Nelson Mandela and his life. It is really interesting and shows how important he is and how his life is different.
- In Maths we are learning about money and counting in pounds and pence. I love numbers!
- We have been doing activities for Mental Health Week. We made a balloon and wrote names of people around it that have supported us.
- In Maths we have been doing division and the bus stop method which is fun. Our times tables help us lots too!
- In English we are reading 'Queen of the Fall.' It is a true story and really interesting to read about the life of Annie and going to Niagra Falls.
- Maths is my favourite subject. We are drawing an measuring area and perimeter which is fun.
- Our Word War 2 topic is so interesting. We are finding out about what they used to do, what operations and weapons they used and about what happened to evacuees.
- In Science we have been using electrics and built scarecrows that flashed and turned with motors.
November 2021 - What do the children say?
- I love playing with our nice toys and making sure no one is left out
- I have learnt some new sounds
- I love snack time and being able to run around with all my friends
- I liked learning about finding out how much rain comes down
- Maths is fun and I am good at it. I like using the number fans
- The forest is great. We have made log dogs and given them mud baths. We roasted marshmallows and played hide and seek
- I love being with my teachers they are nice and show me how to make my maths work easier
- I love that maths is challenging. It is hard but I know I can do it
- Writing Jack and the Baked Beanstalk was really fun. I liked writing it in a different way
- We made models of Stonehnge
- I like learning about different cultures and how areas of the world are different to others
- I loved doing our House of Dance lessons
- When we went to the library, I enjoyed choosing my books to bring back
- I loved it when we went to bake cookies with Mrs Carpenter, we had time to talk to each other
- Making the lanterns was really fun and when we got to take them to the Light Parade
- Learning about Frida Kahlo was really interesting. I liked being able to create the paintings too
- In Interfaith week, it was nice to have different people speaking to us about their beliefs. It was good to be able to ask them questions
- I loved making the plastic keyrings when we went to the Boat Musuem on the STEAM day
March 2020 - Parental Questionnaire said that 100% would recommend Christ Church Primary School to other people.
Please see attached file for full list of responses and comments.
- 100% at least ‘agree’ that their child is happy and feels safe in school
- 100% feel the school ensures children are well behaved
- 100% said their children are doing well in school and the school lets the know how their child is doing
- Parents were less able to answer questions in relation to SEND and bullying issues.
Some parental comments: