Year 6 2019-2020
Hello Year 6!
We have sent you all some emails on Purple Mash and would love you to email us at least once a week with some pictures of the work / activities you are doing. Please don't feel that you have to do everything we set. We also want to make sure you are safe and well.
Work for the Week Commencing 30th March
English - Descriptive Writing
- Read the Descriptive Setting in the folder below. What is good about it ? What could be improved? What parts would you 'borrow'?
- Use Purple Mash to do Synonyms and Antonyms activity as well as Flora's Trouble about semi-colons and colons
- Choose your favourite place to be, draw a picture of it. Then use some of the ideas from the word mats below, some of the synonyms and of course some semi-colons/colons to write a detailed description about your favourite place. You may wish to type it on 2Publishplus
- Use the success criteria below to check your work.
- If you have a dictionary at home - check your spellings too
- Purple Mash - Equivalent Fractions, Decimals and Percentages, Multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- Use Purple Mash Pie Chart to create your own table and pie chart of objects around the house or garden. Write some questions that you could ask someone else about the Pie Chart
- Use the sheet below to complete a pie chart
- Use the sheet to answer questions about different pie charts
- Challenge: draw your own pie chart based on information you collect yourself. Remember there are 360 degrees in a circle, so if you had 36 objects in total, each one would be 10 degrees.
- We learnt about changes in Britain since World War Two, the NHS was one of the things created at the end of the war. Write a letter to a doctor or nurse, or write a poem or draw a poster to show appreciation to the NHS.
- We looked at 'modernism' / 'brutalism' at the end of the war when the Government were trying to build houses quickly. Imagine you were an architect after World War Two and you had to create a design for a ruined neighbourhood. What would it look like? Don't forget, it would need to be built quickly, it would have to accommodate lots of people, keep them entertained and have services like shops and doctors. Draw and label your design.
Work for the Week 23rd March:
- Reasoning paper which we sent home last week
- Monster Multiplication and Divisers games set on Purple mash
- Long division questions (see downloads below)
- Reading paper which was sent home last week
- Play Electrical symbols pairs on Purple Mash. Match the electrical symbols to their correct pair.
Write a leaflet about how to keep safe when using electricity.
- Use these websites to help you to research how to keep safe when using electricity http://www.switchedonkids.org.uk/electrical-safety-in-your-home
- Use the template on Purple Mash to create your own leaflet on the subject
Extra task - Diary
If you would like to, you could write a diary/scrapbook of what is happening in your life so that you can share it with us when you get back to school if you wish (maybe even with your own children and grandchildren in the future!) What is happening at present is something that has not taken place in living memory and it is something that future generations will need to learn about.
You can either write it daily or do it once a week – it is totally up to you.
Take care and keep in touch
Mrs Hopwood and Mrs Blockley
Files to Download
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display